Yenepoya University awarded as SkillTree Great Place to Study 2014-16 for following quality practices in education domain at the House of Commons, London UK on 24th July
The esteemed proceedings began at the House of Commons with an afternoon presentation of certificates ceremony to 20 of India’s top educational institutions. The certificate presentation was by Bob Blackman MP, the Conservative MP for Harrow East and a member of the Communities and Local Government Select Committee and Backbench Business Committee.
Certificates and awards were presented to the following renowned Indian universities (List in alphabetical order)
• AIMS Institutes, presented to Dr Kerron G Reddy& Dr Gopal G Reddy, CEO, AIMS Institutes.
• Ansal University, presented to Sheetal PranavAnsal, Trustee - Ansal University.
• Apeejay Education Society &ApeejayStya University, presented to Sushma Paul Berlia, Co-Promoter and President, ApeejayStya&Svran Group, Co-Founder and Chancellor ApeejayStya University, President Apeejay Education Society
• EcoleHoteliereLavasa, presented to Mr Rajiv Duggal, Senior Vice President – Tourism, Hospitality & SPV's - Lavasa Corporation Limited
• FORE School of Management, presented to Dr Jitendra K. Das, Director, FORE School of Management
• G D Goenka University, presented to Prof Dr Raj Singh, Vice-Chancellor G D Goenka University
• Goa Institute of Management, presented to Dr Ajit Arun Parulekar, Professor Marketing, Asst. Dean Health Care Management
• Great Lakes Institute of Management, presented to Prof S Sriram, Executive Director& Dr VaidyJayaraman
• ICFAI University, presented to Mr Sudhakar Rao, Director, ICFAI Group
• IMT-CDL, Ghaziabad, presented to Mr Rajiv Tandon, CEO, IMT-CDL (via video message)
• ITM University, Gwalior, presented to Prof Yogesh Upadhyay, Vice Chancellor ITM University Gwalior
• JIS Group Educational Initiatives, presented to Mr Taranjit Singh, Managing Director JIS Group
• Manipal University, presented to Dr PrabhuGopalakrishnaKarkala, Registrar, Manipal University
• RV College of Engineering, presented to Prof BS Satyanarayanan, Principal, RVCE
• SR Group of Institutions, presented to Dr Ashish K Mukhopadhyay, Group Director, SR Group of Institutions
• Shoolini University, presented to Founder Trustee - Shoolini University
• Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies, Retd Brig Dr PK Saxena, Registrar, VIPS
• Whistling Woods International, presented to Ms MeghnaGhai Puri, President, Whistling Woods International
• XLRI – Xavier School of Management, presented to Dr Pranabesh Ray, Dean – Academics
• Yenepoya University, presented to Dr. Ravi Vaswani, Professor & Head, Department of Internal Medicine - Yenepoya Medical College, Former Registrar - Yenepoya University
SkillTree Knowledge Consortium has been established in 2012 with the objective of identifying, nurturing and developing consultancy for universities and institutions across India, and ultimately putting India back on the global map of education. For the first time this year, they examined universities and institutions across the country and identified them for their innovations and knowledge creation potentials. This has now come to be known as SkillTree Knowledge Consortium Global Indian Education League – Great Place to Study: Indian Edition. Twenty universities and institutions across the country were identified and they decided to recognize them in a public event organized in the House of Commons, London, UK.
SkillTree collaborated with the Lavasa Group and Sterling media to provide logistic, media and financial support to organize the award ceremony, held on 24 June 2014 from 12 noon to 3 PM, in the Churchill Room at the House of Commons (Parliament). The twenty institutions identified by SkillTree Knowledge Consortium were invited to the House of Commons to receive the certificate of recognition at the hands of Member of Parliament, Mr. Bob Blackman in the esteemed presence of Lord Paul, Member of the House of Lords. Each institution was invited to make a 4-5 minute presentation highlighting their institution after the receipt of the certificate. The program ended at 3 PM and this was followed by high tea in the House of Lords with an opportunity to interact with the fellow recipients, members of the House of Lords and the press (BBC News and Times Now).
In the evening a gala event was organized at Madame Tussaud’s Wax Museum where the institutions were presented with plaques, in the presence of educational literati from the various universities and the field of education.
Times Now will cover the event in its news channel and SkillTree will come out with a Whitebook on India Education featuring an article on Yenepoya University.