The Yenepoya (Deemed to be University) established in the year 2009 has been striving to provide the best facilities to its students, faculty and support staff for sports and cultural activities. In this direction, the University has created excellent and world class infrastructural facilities to support the physical and recreational requirements.
The facilities include indoor stadium-“YENDURANCE ZONE” which houses facilities for basketball, volleyball, shuttle badminton, squash, table tennis and other board games. The indoor stadium is designed in such a way that it could be utilized as an indoor auditorium to accommodate around 5000 audiences. This facility is extensively used for the conduct of cultural events, convocation and programs involving large gatherings. The outdoor sports facilities include; the international standard (FIFA) grass soccer ground, cricket practicing nets, Kabaddi, Throw ball and facilities for athletics. Specialized sports facilities are also available in the constituent units of the University to facilitate interaction of the students of various faculties of study which will bring inclusiveness and feeling of oneness among students. The University has established a department of Physical Education with a required manpower to cater to the diverse extra- curricular needs of the students.
• Fostering human development through physical and mental wellbeing
• Creation of milieu conducive for honing the sporting skills through physical Education
• To identify the sporting talent among the students
• To provide necessary training and infrastructure
• To organize sporting events to inculcate competitive spirit
• To provide opportunities for the talented students to participate in state/zonal/national level competitions
• To support the holistic development of students’ learning experience
Organgram of the Department of Physical Education: