The Equal Opportunity Cell was established by the University of Yenepoya on 28th March, 2013 to address the issues related to staffs & students belonging to Schedule Caste/Schedule Tribe, Other Backward Caste, minorities, Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) & women on a continual basis. The main objective of the Equal Opportunity Cell is to help and empower the persons with disabilities, students to participate fully in the academic, intellectual, social and cultural life of University on an equal basis.
Aim & Objectives:
- To promote diversity and inclusive practices on the campus & provide the disadvantaged groups with adequate opportunities.
- To ensure a barrier free access to all buildings of Colleges, Departments, Libraries, Hostels and offices .
- To provide counselling for psychological support and fulfil the needs of PWDs in all categories including Visual, Hearing, Orthopedic, Neurological etc.
- To examine all possible ways in which the SC/ ST, OBC and minority groups & PWD could be helped .
- To ensure that there is no discrimination in the University on grounds of disability or minority status.
EOC works for affirmative action for the deprived sections such as persons from SC, ST, OBC ( Non‐creamy layer) categories, persons from religious & language minorities, differently‐abled persons and Women.
- Vice Chancellor Chairman
- Registrar Member
- Dr. Bindhu, Associate Professor, Anatomy Coordinator
- Dr. Riaz Abdulla, Professor, Department of Oral Pathology, YDC Member
- Dr. Sateesh K. Malkappa, Associate Professor, Microbiology, YMC Member
- Mr. Pavitra Shetty, Assistant Professor, B.Sc (HS), Yenepoya Institute of Arts, Science, Commerce and Management Member
- Mrs. Hezil Reema Barboza, Lecturer, Department of Medical Surgical Nursing, YNC Member
- Ms. Sanjana A, Assistant Professor, Department of Pharmaceutics. YPCRC Member
- Mrs. Nigath Fathima, Assistant Professor, YPC Member
- Dr. Rukma C.K, Assistant Professor, YAMCH Member
- Dr. Apeksha S Bhandary, Assistant Professor , Department of Materia Medica, YHMCH Member
Facilities for employees and students:
- ESI facility and Yen health card facilities for non teaching employees.
- Under Employees Deposit Linked Insurance Scheme (EDLI) LIC provide Rs 4Lacs to the dependent of the employee in case of death of the employees in service.
- Day care facility has been provided for lady staffs.
- Short term courses like communicative English, local language classes by Ready programme by Protrack education programme.
- E- learning support through Yengage.
- Free accessible transport facility.
- Counselling sessions by welfare officers.
- Conducting awareness programmes and coordinating with agencies and organizations to mobilize academic and financial resources to provide assistance to students of disadvantaged group.
- Ramps and lifts for physically disabled staffs.
To conduct more number of sensitization & awareness programmes for PWD group.