YEN-FDC provides a platform for teachers to teach, learn and lead in bringing reforms in education. Centre tries to encourage the development of knowledge and skills among teachers for performing the role of a competent teacher, mentor & researcher. Centre conducts faculty induction program, faculty development programs with respect to curricular reforms, emerging pedagogical methods, online and distance learning (ODL), assessment, research, leadership, etc. Centre regularly conducts the faculty development programs proposed by UGC and MHRD, GOI, and other Governing bodies and also supports implementation of the various initiatives in all constituent colleges of our University. We strive to develop collaboration, undertake translational research in education and develop a regional centre for excellence in faculty development.
Vision: To be the center of excellence in developing leaders in education.
Mission: To encourage the development of knowledge and skills among faculty members for performing the role of a competent teacher, mentor, leader, communicator & researcher
1.Capacity development of teachers in acquiring new concepts in teaching learning, curriculum development and assessment
2.To foster an educational environment for quality learning
3.To promote and conduct educational research
4 To develop and adopt ICT enabled initiatives like - Swayam courses and other online and distance learning MOOC ODL courses, digital evaluation
5.To develop and implement faculty development courses
6.To provide platform for faculty members to share their best practices and educational innovations
7.To train faculty to implement outcome based educational framework across all the programs offered by the University
1. Center for training and capacity development of faculty from all constituent colleges under Yenepoya (Deemed to be University)
2. Members from various disciplines and educational backgrounds willing to contribute and learn are part of YEN-FDC.
3. Good number of faculty members has completed fellowship and additional qualification in education and research.
4. University has state of art learning resources
5. All initiatives suggested by UGC and MHRD, GOI regarding faculty development, ICT initiatives and training will be implemented by YEN-FDC.
Details of Workshops & Activities Conducted from the year 2015 - 2022
YenVox Newslette - September 2021
YenVox Newsletter - March 2022