- Yenepoya Medical College Hospital is the first Medical College Hospital to get ICMR approval to conduct Corona Virus tests in Dakshina Kannada
- Yenepoya Deemed to be University lists in 301 to 400 band on “Times Higher Education” (THE) Global Impact Ranking.
- The Times Higher Education Impact Rankings are the global performance tables that assess universities against the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). It is a carefully calibrated indicators to provide comprehensive and balanced comparisons across three broad areas: Research, outreach and stewardship.
Highlights of the ranking:
- 101-200 th Impact Rankings: Good health and well-being 2020
- 101-200 th Impact Rankings: Quality Education 2020
- 301-400 th Impact Ranking 2020
- The University has been accredited by NAAC with ‘A’ Grade (CGPA points - 3.14 on a four-point scale). Ranked in 95 th position by NIRF-2018 by MHRD, Govt. of India
- University has been ranked Fourth under Young Universities Category in Karnataka (K-SURF), by Department of Higher Education, Government of Karnataka in 2019.
- National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare Providers has accredited the Yenepoya Medical College Hospital for Patient Safety and Quality of Care.
- National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories has accredited Yenepoya Medical College Hospital Laboratory in accordance with the standard ISO
- 15189:2012 “Medical Laboratories-Requirements for quality and competence” for its facilities in the field of Medical Testing.
- The Yenepoya Research Centre has been ISO 17025:2017 certified for Research and consultancy services to academia and industries/start-ups by the Euro Assessments Certification Ltd.
- The Yenepoya Research Centre has been certified for GLP(Good Laboratory Practices) by the Euro Assessments for Research and consultancy services to academia and industries/start-ups
- University has won the Best Film award for the film “THE UNSIGHTED” on the topic of “Anti-Ragging” in the ‘National University Film Making Competition’ by University Grants Commission (UGC) in 2018.
- University has successfully adapted NAD – National Academic Depository from 27 th October 2018 (Convocation 2018).
- University has been accredited by Life Sciences Sector Skill Development Council (LSSSDC) permit of Quality Control Biologist & Research Associate-Product Development/Synthesis on 17 th May 2018.
- The University has also been recognized as SIRO by DSIR Govt. of India.
- Best Proactive Department of Periodontology in the year 2017-18. Awarded by Guident Dental Academic Excellence awards, India, New Delhi on 24 th December 2018.
- The University has tie-ups with more than 100 national and international organizations, and there are constant interaction and exchange of ideas with peers, students and scholars.
- University has been awarded as Best NSS Unit and Best NSS Programme Officer by the Ministry of Youth Affairs, Government of Karnataka at Vidhana Soudha, Bengaluru, on 16 th May 2017.
- The Yenepoya Medical and Dental College has participated in the “Swachhta” Ranking 2017 and was shortlisted for the final round in September 2017 by UGC.
- The Department of Orthodontics, Prosthodontics and Oral Pathology, Yenepoya Dental College, was the recipient of the Best Guidant National Award for Academic Excellence at New Delhi on 18 th September 2015.
- University was awarded the Skill Tree Great Place to Study (2014-16) for following quality practices in the Education Domain at the House of Commons, London, UK, on 24 th July 2014.
- It has received awards and accolades for its Rural Community Health Services and Institutional Social Responsibilities (ISR) from Government and Non-Governmental Organizations.
- The University has received awards for its Environmental Consciousness and Service from the State/Central Governments and District Administration.
- Human Achievers Award 2019 granted by Ghana High Commission, Ghana 2019
- The ACTS-YEN has been accredited by the American Heart Association for BLS and ACLS training.
- The ethics committee of the University is accreditated by the Forum for Ethics Review Committees for the Asia-Pacific region (FERCAP), which is the 7 th only in this country and NABH accreditation for Clinical trial approval.
- Centre for Nutritional studies has developed the National Guidance Document for Nutritional Care and Support for the Patients with Tuberculosis, India and an NTB- App, which is now adopted by the Central Govt. under RNTCP. This centre has also developed the National Guidelines for Maternal Nutrition Package for Pradhan Manthri Surakshith Matruva Abhiyan.
- Innovation incubator: The Incubator has started 17 start-ups in the areas of Stem Cells and Regenerative medicine, Medical Devices and Diagnostics, Point of care devices, Artificial Intelligence, Drug Development Etc. Dedicated laboratories and IPM Cell have been established for facilitating Innovation and incubation. The centre has acquired the centre for excellence status by Establishing Med Tech Design and Rapid Prototyping Facility” under BIRAC Programme, and for promoting social Innovation, the Incubator has Established SPARSH Center “ Hospital Centric Incubator Ecosystem” by BIRAC, which is the 14th only incubator sanctioned in the country.
Faculty Fellowships - 2016 to 2021
Achievement from our faculty
Achievement from our students